Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thinking about the future


Thoughts about my design process quickly become thoughts about my values. Unfortunately, I still have a lot of thinking to do about my values so this connection does not serve as an answer but as a clue. I have had a hard time using these clues to get anywhere solid but I have been dreaming. I dream of futures were I am fulfilled through designing and making, Futures were I am part of a community. Futures that are not dull.

It is easy to compromise on ones dreams, what is the material worth of a dream after all? In the face of a paycheck a dream can easily be abused and forgotten. Dreams cannot pay the rent or feed the kids. Fortunately dreams are persistent and sometimes even haunting.

In my Dream I help people to live more enjoyably. I know people’s names and I am part of a community. I repair things that are broken. I add value to people’s lives and I can make it in any color that you want.

No comments: